Surface Engineering and Machining
Albacom offers a total project management solution, from design and manufacture through to repair and salvage of complex electro-mechanical systems. Our machining, welding and NDT inspection facilities allow us to tackle challenging technical issues across a range of industries, including manufacturing, oil and gas, nuclear, heavy lifting and aerospace and defence.
As specialists in engineering solutions for tooling used in oil and gas exploration, we offer complementary services including electronic assembly and lifting equipment supply, testing and certification.
Our commitment to customer support results in market-leading turnaround times with a focus on quality and cost effectiveness.
Machines and capabilities include:
- CNC milling – full 3D milling with 4th axis (6000mm x 1500mm max)
- CNC turning – Dia. 12.5” hollow spindle x 7000mm
- X & Z axis machining
- Full CNC machining facility utilising 2D Autocad & NCGCAM
- Capacity – 7000mm / 3.2 Tonnes
- Welding - MIG & TIG welding of stainless steel, aluminium, super duplexes and exotic materials
- Hard coating - new manufacture, repair or reverse engineering of components subjected to wear abrasion
- Full downhole drilling tool repair as complete assembly (avoiding breakdown to sub assembly and on board electronics strip out)
- Electronics capabilities for re-work/repair
- ‘Face and chase’ existing tool threading
Contact Albacom to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to share our experience with you to ensure you make the right choice.
Albacom offers advice and support when considering a number of coating options. From HVOF to Plasma, Wire Arc to Flame Spray, get in touch and let our 20 years’ experience in this specialist market ensure you make the right choice.
Our specialist team know that printed circuit board assemblies require an environmental protection varnish film to protect and preserve their use. From acrylic, polyurethene to MIL-I-46058C, there are many options of film - make sure you choose the right one by contacting our specialist team for advice.
Downhole Drilling Products
Our specialist engineering solutions allow us to improve the performance of downhole drilling products. From product redesign and repair, to product modification and upgrades for improved performance, reliability and capabilities to withstand extreme environmental conditions. Standard range of mud filters: 304 stainless steel variants available as standard product in (outside) diameter 4¾”, 6¾” and 8¼” options.
Get the right coating for your product. Sputtering offers a physical vapour deposition process to deposit thin coatings on machinery. Get in touch to find out if this is the right approach for you.